WP Customer Reviews
Version 3 Update
May 24, 2015
V3 Lite Beta has been completed and went to beta testers today. It’s not an overly complicated plugin, so we don’t anticipate it will take long to identify and fix the bugs – about 2 weeks. Once testing is complete, we will make it available to all users. We apologize for taking this long, and hope to make it up with the new version.
Big News! Version 3 is on the way, plus the much anticipated Pro version
July 29, 2013
What’s to come with future releases?
Currently, we have dozens of new features in mind and actively working to improve, not only the usability and functionality, but the overall benefits you and your website get out of WP Customer Reviews. In version 2.4.7 we are squashing some bugs and announcing our biggest update yet: Version 3.0.0 of WP Customer Reviews. This version will still be free and have new additional features; however, it’s also going to allow users to purchase a licensed version of the plugin to unlock even more additional features and get dedicated support. We also plan on selling a developers license for our users that manage multiple sites which require these features.
What if I don’t want to pay?
That’s easy, just don’t! The plugin will still be free and have most of the features it has now, plus, additional features to be released with the premium version of the plugin.
What’s planned for version 3 and beyond?
Version 3+ Free Stuff
- Separate shortcode for the form and the actual reviews
- No more automatically hidden form!
- Optional Dashboard Widget
- Bug fixes
- Better documentation
- Improved UI and better organization of options
Version 3+ Pro/Developer Extra’s
- All of the above of course
- RSS Feed for reviews
- Completely customizable format for reviews
- Customizable button text
- More custom field options including images, different input types and unlimited additional fields
- Detailed ratings based on separate configurable ratings that aggregate to the total rating
- Option for people to vote on reviews: Was this review helpful? Yes | No | Flag
- Social Media Integration (Facebook, Twitter)
- Import/Export options
- Widgets, widgets and more widgets
- Average rating and latest X number of reviews (customizable widget)
We need your help!
Our initial release will include most of these features, although some will naturally come before others. If you have an idea for the plugin, share it on our UserVoice page! We will begin implementing features based off of time required and popularity of the ideas themselves.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials Plugin for WordPress
There are many sites that are crawling for user-generated reviews now, including Google Places and Google Local Search. WP Customer Reviews allows you to setup a specific page on your blog to receive customer testimonials.
WP Customer Reviews allows your customers and visitors to leave reviews or testimonials of your services. Reviews are Microformat enabled (hReview).
- All submissions are moderated, which means that YOU choose which reviews get shown.
- Reviews are displayed to visitors in a friendly format, but search engines see the hReview microformat (and RDFa soon!)
- NEW! Reviews now show up on your Google Places page as well as in the Search Engine Results Page in Google
- Multiple anti-spam measures to prevent automated spambots from submitting reviews.
- Provides a configurable
Business hCard, to help identify all pages of your site as belonging to your business.
- Completely customizable, including which fields to ask for, require, and show.
- Works with caching plugins and all themes.
- Includes an external stylesheet so you can modify it to better fit your theme.
- Reviews can be edited by admin for content and date.
- Support for adding your own custom fields with one click.
- The plugin can be used on more than one page.
- Supports both
- Shows aggregate reviews microformat (
- Fast and lightweight, even including the star rating image. This plugin will not slow down your blog.
- Validates as valid XHTML 1.1 (W3C) and valid Microformats (Rich Snippets Testing Tool).
- And much more…
- Download WP Customer Reviews
- Upload contents of compressed file (wp-customer-reviews) to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory.
- Activate the plugin through the `Plugins` menu in WordPress admin.
- Create a WordPress page to be used specifically for gathering reviews or testimonials.
- Go into settings for WP Customer Reviews and configure the plugin.
Free support is available via ONLY the WP Customer Reviews support forum.
Due to the overwhelming response, we are not able to provide individual customizations for this plugin. We have future plans of updating including average star ratings and avatars, but no release date is currently available.
We understand that each user might have a specific feature in mind that would work for their website. We have created the plugin that would work well for the general audience. Before leaving negative comments, please keep in mind that we spent our time, money and resources creating this plugin and offering it to everyone for free.
Want to suggest a New Feature? Submit your suggestion on our UserVoice page.
We work very diligently on this plugin. If you find this plugin useful, and wish to donate toward the future development of this plugin, you may do so here.
The latest changelog is available here: WP Customer Reviews Changelog
We use EffortlessHR – Online Human Resources Software.