When creating your holiday cookies, you want them to look and taste just right. What you don’t want is a bland cookie with no trimmings. Who would want to eat that? Think about your marketing for a moment. Does your product or service shout “Pick Me!”, or does it kind of sit there, like that plain sugar cookie that gets left on the plate, never to be eaten?
The same is true when it comes to your goods and services. You can have an awesome product or service, but who is going to know if you don’t catch people’s attention? Sadly, you can even have a better service, and still lose customers to your competition because they make theirs look better.
Start attracting more customers by showing off your product or service. What makes it so special? It might be you have a secret ingredient that nobody else has. Do you offer a larger variety of styles than your competitors? Do you provide more services to give your clients every possible way to succeed? We recently started working with Jan at Fix My AC LLC, and what makes him special is very clear; 1. He gives very personalized service, and 2. He doesn’t sell people unnecessary services. Jan is very clear with customers on these two points, and it gives him a definite advantage over his competitors. Telling people what sets him apart on his website, on the phone, at networking events, and on all his advertising is a key strategy for him to win business.
Whatever it is that makes your company stand out, showcase it. Shout it if you have to! If you don’t tell people why you are different, you’re just like all the other cookies on the plate.
Here’s something else to consider: A delicious, beautifully decorated cookie does nothing if no one knows where it’s at. This is the very reason why SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is important. The SEO will direct more people to your cookie making it easier and faster to locate you above your competitors. Are you making it easier for your website to get found or are your customers giving up because it takes too much time and work to locate you?
Like the perfect holiday cookie, your product/services should be presented with a beautifully designed website that shows off your best attributes. Getting your website in front of the right visitors is key. These are our top 5 most proven ways to market your business online and build an online presence. All of these concepts combined will truly market the perfect gift you have to offer that beats all the other cookie cutter gift ideas.
- Create a visually appealing, informative, and functional website that encompasses who you are and what you do with a way for you to bring in new leads.
- Optimize your website with search engine optimization to get your business found faster and easier.
- Sign up and interact on social media websites such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Write a blog with industry related topics that will be both fun to read and helpful to your target audience. Show them that you are an industry leader.
- Have a newsletter sign up on your website and generate new emails with content that is valuable and noteworthy.